Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Thank You!
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 02:46:00   Edited by: Admin

Hey everyone...... 2008 season has gona so fast!! This was my first year in seeing all of the displays and writing reviews.. atleast just in videos! For this i'd like to thank paul for giving all of us the full videos! As my thank you "gift", i made a montreal fireworks 2008 tribute. I picked 1 song from each competing displays and mixed all of them according to the order of firing.. I used a simulation software to do this.... The show is about 13 minutes with a whoopping 1580 cues!

here's the link http://showsim.vpyro.com/montreal.wmv

have fun watching the show..... i know the file is a bit big but it will give some memories cause i tried to retain the good parts!

Enjoy!
Vander

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 22:08:04

Thank you very much for this interesting and enjoyable simulation, Vander. Indeed, it really did revive the good old Summer time feeling when the competitors were blasting the nights away. I was happy that you added in the theme song from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" from Portugal (very memorable), as well as the three towers that were used in the American performance. The only thing that's different in the simulation compared to this year's edition of the competition is the pleasant weather! You did a nice job, and the sequencing was fabulous.

It's amazing how fast the activity here waned just following the debate of the winners - like one big border line. I really dislike this time of year - September to mid March is for me.

Thanks for keeping the competition alive. Fortunately, next season is going to be very special as it is the 25th birthday of the Montreal fireworks. Hope to see some nice surprises, as in 2004.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 10:49:53

Vander,

thank you so much for putting this together - you did a fabulous job - it certainly brings back memories of this year's competition. Perhaps we should have a virtual competition to pass the time until next year.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 11:36:32

Thank you to post this. Reflections this is IMPRESSIVE.

Very realistic and perfect synchro.

Very good job.

Where can I get this software? I would like to try it. I had the old one, it was less realistic. I would like to try this one !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 03:57:05   Edited by: Admin

Tnx for the comments! This software is just available for beta testing... Only those who are members of the vpyro website are allowed to try it for free.. Otherwise you can also buy this software the website is showsim.com! lol i wish i could edit the title of this thread and remove s thank you lol! [ Paul: done ]

vander

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 14:01:25

Ok reflections, now I'm a member of vpyro, but now how can I get the software? I don't see anything on the forum page to download a software.

I visited the showsim official webpage and there's only the old software.

Please give me information because I need to try this !!!!!!!!

Thank you very much !!!!

;-)

Rovira.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:03:11

Hi! You need to ask for permission from the owner of the software! his name in the vpyro forum is pyronaught!........ I forgot to say that usually you need ot be a member since december 2007. If its for good purpose maybe you'll be able to try it!

vander

Page loading time (sec.): 0.017