Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› FEUX SUR GLACE
<< . 1 . 2 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 16:05:59

I will be theres tonight! I bring my pro camera..But without a tripod my father said no to give me tonigh his tripod

http://flashsalute.deviantart.com/gallery/

Here is my last years picture gallery of the fire on ice.

Jerome

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 23:08:51

Mylene,

Although I did not attend the display, I'm under the suspicion that the weather did prevail to some extent for this show. I monitored the conditions at 8:00 p.m. and saturation (relative humidity of 100%) was taking place at and near the surface, and hence the patches of fog that we were and are currently seeing. Moreover, the winds were rather tranquil - they were clocked at about 4-6 km/h as opposed to the 12-19 km/h that was proposed. The wind direction was also coming out from the East, not South, although just recently they have shifted appropriately to the South and are now lightly breezy at 15 km/h. Finally, there were periods of light misty rain falling, so that didn't help too much, I don't think. This combination may have been conducive to extensive smoke accumulations, depending on your vantage point. Despite the fact, I hope many viewers were able to adequately see the fireworks! Icy/slippery conditions in and around the city also made things treacherous, so I hope those who attended this display watched their steps!

Very nice pictures, by the way, Jerome. Hope to see the ones you've taken from this edition of the Fire on Ice!

Other than that, I hope everyone enjoyed the displays, and I'm really happy that I myself managed to catch at least one of them this time around for the first time - it really was worth it! I hope some viewers recorded the display by BEM and soon post it on Youtube, assuming of course that the weather did not ruin most of the show.
----

***And again, the winds are expected to be quite gusty tomorrow afternoon (the 28th) as a result of a sharp advancing cold front, much in the same way as what was seen on Christmas Eve night: sustained winds of 26-28 knots, or 48 km/h+, are expected during the evening, while gusts could attain velocities between 80-90 km/h, likely leading to a wind warning from EC tomorrow. The strongest of the winds are expected in the West Island, the South Shore and the Western half of Laval. The winds are predominantly S/SW. Just a heads up.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 10:11:09   Edited by: reloadable shell

Hi Trav! Theres is some picture of the display, i cannot used basicaly a tripod but i still make very live picture without exposition:
-General View of the staking ring-

-The band Swing-

-The fireworks Display-

here is my rank:

1-Fae Pyro
2-Ampleman Pyro
3-Bem Fireworks
4-Royal Pyro

Jerome

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 15:45:47

Jerome,

Pretty nice pics there, although it would seem that, as I stated previously, smoke accumulations were a problem, though this again may depend on vantage point. I additionally noticed that the surface incorporated in some of the photos show very slippery conditions! Anyhow, thanks for sharing the pictures!

And as I had mentioned in my previous post, as expected, the winds are quite powerful at the moment - current gusts are checked at 85-87 km/h. They will slowly die off later this evening into the overnight hours. I hope many don't lose electricity - there have already been numerous reports of power loss in and around the island.

Trav.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 21:08:14   Edited by: reloadable shell

Finaly no mores people as been filmed the last two show..

Next show is the montreal highlight festival! I cannot wait to see the shedule Hope for a big mascleta like last year!

here is the shedule for 2009 still just a fast look, the complete shedules coming soon!

http://www.montrealenlumiere.com/documents/2009/FML_Programme_Arts_09. pdf

jerome

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 21:54:09   Edited by: Rovira

Hi guys again. TraeCH uploaded in youtube the display from Royal Fireworks. I would like to know if it's possible to see the rest of the shows.

I need to see something related with fireworks ! I need my dose of fireworks !!!! Can you understand me ? It's winter, it's cold here in Bracelona (more in Montreal), and there are no fireworks anywhere.

Maybe our dear Admin (fireworksforum) could upload some display from past editions... it's just what I need now... I'm sure you can understand my prayers ;-)

Believe me, a Montreal fireworks video is like a drug dose for me, and I'm sure it's the same for more people in this forum ;-)

Thank's again and don't take me wrong.... thanks for you existance ;-)

With Love:

Rovira

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 00:28:05   Edited by: Admin

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 01:20:32

Thank's reloadable... almost everyday I search on you tube this words: "montreal fireworks" and I put date added .. so I saw this videos some days ago...

We have to insist maybe our dear Admin is a good Admin and give us a gift for christmas, or even for the new year or... Let me dream. hahahahaha

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 02:06:59   Edited by: Smoke

Heh...I wonder if we'll be getting the usual monthly special fireworks videos from now until the start of the competition in June, much like last year (displays from the 90s would be a particularly good treat!). I saw Tyler's clips of Royal's display and I must say that they were truly excellent!

Speaking of cold Winter weather, this coming week could be quite frigid in most of Eastern Canada...Go away, January! At least you folks residing in Barcelona and most of Europe are lucky enough to have the Gulf stream moderate your temperatures during the Winter!

Trav.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 06:41:03

Yeah... I can't compare my cold with your cold... hahahahaha In Barcelona it's 5 Cº, in Montreal I can imagine it's at least -10 Cº.. hahahaha absolutly not the same...

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 00:26:24   Edited by: Smoke

in Montreal I can imagine it's at least -10 Cº.. hahahaha absolutly not the same...

Try -23 to -25 Celsius for daytime highs for this coming Thursday and Friday into the weekend, while the overnight lows could be as frigid as -35 C. Today is expected to be a bit warmer at about -20 (woopty doo) in the afternoon (windchill of -33 C). Just to put that into perspective, a temperature and windchill combo such as this is enough to cause frostbite in under 10 minutes to exposed areas of skin. Although it's not often that we see such beastly cold weather over here, even in January, it is very dangerous if you're not adequately protected.

The reason for this weather is simply because of cold Arctic high pressure descending over much of Eastern Canada following this mini snowfall. A fairly strong temperature and air pressure gradient is also generating persistent brisky winds for today. The last time I've seen a similar atmospheric setup for inviting such bitting cold conditions was during January of 2004: the coldest January on record. I think we'd all be most appreciative of 5 C currently - when I hear the PLUS side of Celsius, it makes me feel really good. Seriously, I need to get out of here and come back in Spring, like the migratory birds!

On a side note, I miss the discussions of the Feux Sur Glace displays and the entire holiday feeling, but hey, at least we've conquered 13 days of January so far, and the daylength is noticeably longer with respect to sunset.

I impatiently await the 2009 edition of Montreal fireworks!

Trav.
<< . 1 . 2 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019