Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 11:17:58

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 21:52:59

That awesome Paul!

The Mascleta is during the last two friday of February

-Friday 20 February at 20h00
-Friday 27 February at 20h00

At the Jacque-Cartier Pier.

I'm sure its displayed by Concept Fiatlux.

Be sure to dont miss a Mascleta experience!

Jerome

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 20:25:56

Where's Jacque-Cartier Pier exactly? I know it's in the Old Port, but is it the place where there's the Tour de l'Horloge and where Feux sur grace takes place?

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 23:17:16

So, Its quite disapointing display the show stopped right after 45sec of the beginning...Still a technical problem during the show... I taked only one pic during the display from the st-hélène island. Tommorrow is the Mascleta and these show is still reported right after the Mascleta, a good day tommorrow!

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 14:23:59

Where's Jacque-Cartier Pier exactly? I know it's in the Old Port, but is it the place where there's the Tour de l'Horloge and where Feux sur grace takes place?

You can't miss it. If you walk towards the river from Place Jacques Cartier, you'll see the site - there's a Ferris wheel there and various other domes and such like.

It was somewhat disappointing last night. The show started off well, but only lasted about 2 minutes - with live music as an accompaniment. But I had heard that the display wasn't supposed to be on until after the concert - but there were no announcements made either way. Since it was pretty cold and windy, we didn't stay long enough to find out if there was a larger display later on.

I'm not going to the Mascleta today, but will go next Friday. Let's have some reports of tonight's and tomorrow's events!

Paul

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 21:20:47   Edited by: Enkil

Well, I missed it! We arrived there at around 8:10pm. One of the guards told me that it lasted 5 minutes. I had no idea it was going to be so short. The place looked really kewl, though. I saw little fireballs (Mascleta pieces) at the back of the stage. Was it really a 5min show, or did I miss something else?

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 23:04:28   Edited by: reloadable shell

Here is my pic of the mascleta:

I guess is a show from Ampleman because i seen one of those pyrotechnician with ampleman coat, thats cool work guym nice display!

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 20:48:07

The big bang was cancelled tonight, and I was told that it won't be postponed. I guess the little heavy rain we had in the afternoon scared away the public, and so they had to cancel it.

I have yet to see a Mascleta show... lol

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021