Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 2009 closing show - 45 minute tribute
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 12:19:40

The closing show will be a 45 minute tribute to Cirque du Soleil:

Montréal, Wednesday, February 18, 2009 – L’International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS at La Ronde—the world's most prestigious pyrotechnical competition—will top off its 25th edition with a grandiose 45-minute tribute to the Cirque du Soleil and its music. This non-competitive show, which promises to light up the sky of Montréal and give lasting memories to hundreds of thousands of spectators, will be carried out under the sponsorship of Loto-Québec and with the collaboration of the Cirque du Soleil, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. It will take particular advantage of Lac des Dauphins and its surroundings.

As La Ronde president Marc Tremblay pointed out "this will certainly be the largest fireworks show ever presented in Montréal, if only because it will be 15 minutes longer than the usual competitive shows." He went to add that "since the musical component comes from the Cirque du Soleil and will, of course, reflect its genius, the show will quite probably be one of the most beautiful."

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 13:25:11

Its not tonight?? but for the next competition right?

Its sound crazy!!

Jerome

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 13:56:37   Edited by: fredbastien

Cela est une nouvelle très excitante, mais il nous manque beaucoup d'information. Est-ce la firme Panzera qui produira seule le spectacle pyromusical? Au-delà de la trame sonore, le Cirque du Soleil apportera-t-il une contribution additionnelle, par exemple par l'intégration d'acrobates ou d'acrobates-artificiers? (Rappelons-nous l'expérience Ampleman-Cirque Orange à l'ouverture de la 20e saison en 2004.) Assisterons-nous à un véritable pyromusical de 45 minutes ou, advenant la présence de tels acteurs, certains segments du spectacle seront-ils sans effet pyrotechnique, ou accompagnés d'effets pyrotechniques minimaux?

La compétition montréalaise a la réputation d'être très exigeante, en bonne partie parce qu'il est difficile de démontrer suffisamment de rythme et de créativité pour maintenir l'intérêt de l'auditoire pendant 30 minutes. Quarante-cinq minutes apparaît comme un défi très important et il sera intéressant de voir le résultat. Souhaitons que la météo collabore ce soir-là! Et, aussi, que le jury ne nous chavire pas quelques minutes avant le spectacle avec un verdict étonnant comme il en a le secret!

Fred

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 15:43:30

Its not tonight?? but for the next competition right?

No, of course it's not tonight - it's the closing show of the competition on August 15th.

But you're right, it does sound crazy! 45 minutes of fireworks
Presumably by Panzera. Hmm, maybe they'll do a normal 30 minute show and then a 15 minute finale

Paul.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 15:47:28   Edited by: Smoke

What fantastic news to cheer me up just before the arrival of a Winter storm. That will certainly be a display not to miss, but I'm hoping for a dazzling and creative performance throughout as well as a 1999-like finale (or better, of course).

This is going to be a great year. I can feel it.

Edit: 15 minute finale, Paul? Wouldn't that be something...The skies going insane for a quarter of an hour!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 18:11:19

Uhmmm ... good news again!

I guess the show will mix fireworks and circus, bacause 4 minutes are a lot of minutes !

As I said other times I would like to see new companies closing the season, maybe this year is another company the responsible of the last display. Panzera is a good company, but honestly I think their displays have a lack of feeling, inovation ... If they compete they will not win. Right?

Maybe it could be a good idea to show new things, more innovative and with more quality in the design (what I think they don't have and what is a must in Montreal). Just my humble opinion.

Anyway, Panzera or another, I'm sure it will be an special display. I hope I can see the video ;-) This year I'm not going to go to Montreal, I'll go to Berlin for one month, where I realized they are going to do a new Fireworks competition with live music and with a great budget all in the magniic scenario of the Tempelhof airport. Pyromusical and Hannabi fireworks with the biggest shells ever seen in Europe! Luso pirotecnia, Europla , Pyro-Art, Tamaya, Apogee.... It sounds very good.

However Montreal will be better, OF COURSE!

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 16:58:36   Edited by: Smoke

Souhaitons que la météo collabore ce soir-là!

I certainly hope so. However, remember that 2004 was the only year where we had perfect weather for all the displays (though a bit cool for the first couple, as I recall), and that coincided with the 20th anniversary. With luck, Mother Nature will grace us with the same ideal consecutive conditions for the performances this Summer with the 25th anniversary! Either way, we'll keep an eye on the weather when the time comes, and I'll probably provide a little Summer prediction in terms of temperature and precip. trends by the end of April to attempt to make sense of what forces will be mainly governing this year's Summer weather patterns.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020