Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Video about everything in pyro
Last poster Message

Posted: May 31, 2009 11:49:11   Edited by: Admin

Hi,

I put a thread about random stuff about fireworks:

i will start with these video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhyie64D4nE

Posted: May 31, 2009 21:35:10   Edited by: PyroDan

Wow, amazing shell Definitely puts a new definition to the term multi-break lol. I really hope they are legal for the Montreal fireworks competition

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 19:29:18   Edited by: Saluteness

They are Italian shells, if I'm not mistaken. I also have a link [url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLfeMxImBog[/url]

That's an Italian finale! In the video, you have about 50 Stutata Lampis being set off in the final 30 seconds. What a display! I'd love for IPON S.R.L to give us this type of finale!

Pat

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 23:17:55

Heres an explosion of a 48'' shell, probably already talked about on this forum, but eh, always fun and impressive to watch and hear !

Video

Notice the alarm system of a car going on after the bang...

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 01:30:15

Nice video. The noise from the explosion sort of reminds me of a thunderclap, although thunderclaps are much sharper (and louder) in sound and often also easily set off car alarms if they happen to be nearby, like in this video. Speaking of car alarms, you frequently hear them going off on De Lorimier when you have those large shells sometimes fired around 9:40 p.m.

I thought the 24" shell was the largest, but it seems there are larger! I guess we don't see these used in the competition since they become so wide upon exploding, and are therefore dangerous.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 07:11:07

I thought the 24" shell was the largest, but it seems there are larger! I guess we don't see these used in the competition since they become so wide upon exploding, and are therefore dangerous.

24" shells are not so uncommon and 16" are relatively common too outside of Canada. There was a 24" shell used in the first year of the Montreal competition. Apparently it exploded somewhat low over the Monster and scared people in Longueil as well as the people at La Ronde who didn't want the wooden Monster to burn down in its first year of operation. Since then, 12" shells have been the maximum permitted. In general in Canada, 12" shells are the largest used, though bigger shells have been fired on occasion.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012