Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2009 Display Reviews —› Panzera S.A.S - Opening Display
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 07:22:37   Edited by: reloadable shell

Bonjours!

Sa y est, c'est demain! J'ai regarder un peu sur météo-média et il annonce du beau temp pour tout le week-end!

Je descend de Sherbrooke pour assister a cette première qui en vaut carrément la peine!

J'prévoit m'installer sur le pont jacque-cartier pour prendre des photo et une vidéo du feux. Je devrais être en mesures de poster un rapport complet et quelque photo d'ici dimanche!

Sur-ce portez vous bien!

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 11:38:37

Hello !
Get to my blog for the whole soundtrack !

Enjoy your first firework all !

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 12:08:57

And take a look at Mylene's article in the Metro Montreal Journal: http://www.journalmetro.com/Linfo/article/244620--l-ete-et-les-feux-co mmencent-demain

Great work!

Paul

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 12:51:21   Edited by: Saluteness

I wonder if Panzera's opening will be like their closing's in the past anyone have any idea? Plus another worry is where the smoke will be headed. Anyone know? I don't pay attention to weather

Well I do hope for a pleasant show tomorow night. Because I'm expecting our first show, not to mention La Ronde's performance coming up, to be a BLAST! and I'm as well expecting a big BOOM. I know that is always a favorite. I defenatley know a massive finale will be pulling our hair back!

Have a great time guys!
Pat

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 15:40:02

Hi Jerome,

It's great to hear that you'll be able to attend tomorrow evening's display, my friend. I look forward to whatever video footage or photographs that you will take! As for the weather, indeed, it will be predominantly pleasant for tomorrow with a few cloudy periods. There is a relatively small upper level disturbance that will be present in Eastern Ontario and Southern Quebec as well tomorrow, which may bring in a slight chance for some sporadic showers in these areas in the afternoon. However, I'm expecting instability to weaken as we progress into the late evening. I'll have more details in the weather thread later today. Enjoy the show!

Hi Saluteness,

I, too, am hoping for a powerful opening show to bring in the 25th anniversary along with a 1 minute (or more, of course) enduring finale!

As I mentioned to Fred a couple of days ago, the main thing I'm keeping an eye on for tomorrow is wind velocity. I've been running a few simulations in several models and they all project relatively calm to light winds at about 2 knots to a maximum of 6 knots (4-11 km/h). With luck, it will be closer to the 11-15 km/h mark because we may still be continuing to deal with decent moisture levels tomorrow evening. With respect to direction, models are projecting variability across the island, but wind tendency in Greater Montreal seems to be Easterlies, which means smoke would be moving lightly towards those who are watching on Notre-Dame. Of course, this is also convenient for people viewing from La Ronde.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 17:24:11   Edited by: Rovira

Hi I'm very excited about this display. In only one day the competition will start, and this season will be very special for sure. The music (in the Panzeras display) is great, very popular and with strong songs but I don't understant the theme... I'm not too much into the Panzeras displays... however maybe this time will be different. I hope to see the video and a very long and strong finale!

I'm very interested in the display by Igual, first of all because it's the first in the competition, and of course because Pirotecnia Igual is from where I am. I don't know which music will be used (the official web page should solve this delay with the information).
I saw two month ago a pyromusical by Igual near Barcelona. It was great, but the theme was not really good. I hope they're going to do something better in Montreal, where the theme is very important. The theme "Odyssey" looks powerfull, but with only one word I can't imagin anything...

Guys... Only one day to start the best fireworks competition in the whole world! Let me say YOU'RE SO LUCKY ! ( In some way me too, 'cause I will see the videos, but as you know it's not exactly the same). I'm sure you'll enjoy !

Rovira

Page loading time (sec.): 0.013