Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› God's Fireworks
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 21:38:19

Hey Trav,

God has already begun his opening display with salutes, roman candles yet to follow! Your probably going to film the storm. Watch out for lightning.

Pat

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 03:02:38

Hi Pat,

God was certainly raging in many parts of Southern Quebec tonight, including right here at home. Though we maintained our electricity, the lights almost always blinked in response to the intense lightning that was often present. Whenever lightning is in the area, and especially if it becomes violent, it is important that you follow all the lightning safety rules - if you're unfamiliar with them, I'll be happy to go over all with you. And yes, I took plenty of video.

I told you guys that storms could become rather strong in Southern Quebec yesterday and tonight. The storms that moved into many parts of Montreal tonight developed quickly just NE or Cornwall, Ontario and headed towards Montreal, strengthening as they did. We had some heavy localized flooding, isolated power outages and some brief strong downbursts (in excess of 65 km/h) of wind in the wake of the storm. Once the storms moved in this direction, it wasn't long after that Environment Canada appropriately issued the severe thunderstorm watch and eventually the warning. Parts of the West Island and South Shore got hit particularly hard.

I'll post the videos in the weather thread. I think you'll like the loud thunder crashes I captured.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026