Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Les Grand Feux Du Lac Leamy 2009
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 23:52:58

Hey guys,

Just came back from Gatineau and Ottawa around 9pm. And I'm certainly tired. On the 5th, I got a chance to catch a $20 seat in front of the fireworks at the Outaouais River. I really was hoping to see Italy (Parente), which are in fact extremley nice from some videos on YouTube! I ended up seing Steffes-Ollig, a firm representing Germany. It was quite nice with all German music including the Armageddon song by Hanz Zimmer (who is Germany which is why they played the song). The entire display was pretty enjoyable. I had trouble seeing in back of a football player sized guy of 6'5". But I managed to get a bit in between and film the finale. The finale was impressive. The fireworks over there are a little more better than I expected. And what I expected was to be a hand fired and single burst display (meaning another shell is fired after one goes off, mostly like some 4th of July displays). The display ended up being on a barge. A big barge too. But a small set up with around 300 shells of all sizes. I think the maximum size is either 10" or 12", but it does have enough space to fire 14-16" but the regulations do have limits! So if anyone cares to take a look at the video of the finale. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzU2xwj5lKc

Won't be attending the South Africa display, and I just read Paul's interview, sounds impressive. I'd like to make it, but I still have my doubts on how they might perform. Ah well, Paul will hopefully put the video on the Members Only page. Speaking of which, Paul, have you completed the report from U.S.A? I'd like to see what was added in the fifth part, it was a good song.

Pat

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019