Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Why not a Pyrotechnician Meet?
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 00:16:49

Hello!

I strongly suggest to do a official meet somewhere around the LaRonde site for the 25 of L'international des feux loto-québec.

I invite specially pyrotechnician and/or pyro enthousiast to see the show on jacque-cartier bridge.

Someone are interessed?

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 09:55:54

heuu j'pourrait tu avoir une réponse aux moins!?

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 11:10:57

Well, je serai dans les gradins bien entendu...

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 11:20:05

Moi aussi, comme l'habitude

Paul

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 12:17:24

Hey Jerome,
It's really not worth watching the fireworks outside of La Ronde, especially since some of us have the season pass. But I encourage you to buy the pass so that you can watch them from La Ronde. It's way better than any other place. And the pass isn't even expensive. Even if it cost say, $100, it is still worth buying it, and you have access to rides whenever you want. However, in my opinion, it is not worth buying a single day pass, which typically costs around $45, mainly because of La Ronde's poor quality service!

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 23:20:01

Well, I'm living at sherbrooke, its actually useless

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 14:55:55

???

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 16:04:10

???

I think by useless, reloadable is trying to say that he lives either too and wouldn't travel all the way here to get a season pass due to transportation, which in fact is a drive and a half.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Paul, will you be posting photos of the setup and stuff before the ceremony or after? I sometimes wonder if I can ever stop asking that question. Apologies for the impatience.

Pat

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 07:46:30

Paul, will you be posting photos of the setup and stuff before the ceremony or after? I sometimes wonder if I can ever stop asking that question. Apologies for the impatience.

I'll post them after the ceremony. I don't have pictures of every show, but I do have some interesting ones.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 17:53:46

but I do have some interesting ones.

Eugh, enough with the replies Pat (talking to myself). Awesome! I wonder if you managed to get a snapshot of USA's setup. As for Trav's though, was it exactly 1000 shells in under 12 seconds? It really felt like 200-300, not including salutes, I think it was the salutes that brought the count in shells, but it was around 8 volleys, so each containing 100 would make about 800 salutes plus around 200 large shells making it 1000 shells. Could I be correct? I'm positive you saw my video on YouTube, since you thought I was near Ramp 1, when I was at Bellerive Park, when I said I was closer to Ramp1 than those near the bridge. On my video, you can see the amount of firings on Ramp 1 which really make me wonder in a fraction of a second, how much that could possibly be. That fraction of a second of seeing all the fire and fury coming out those mortars on Ramp 1 was the best part of the finale!

Pat

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022